Influenza Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in influenza and flu pandemics. Influenza, commonly referred to as the flu, is an infectious disease caused by RNA viruses of the family Orthomyxoviridae (the influenza viruses), that affects humans, birds and other mammals. The virus spreads easily from person to person. Influenza circulates worldwide and can affect anybody in any age group. Influenza causes annual epidemics that peak during winter in temperate regions. Influenza is a serious public health problem that causes severe illnesses and deaths for higher risk populations. The most common symptoms of the disease are chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort. Sore throat, fever and coughs are the most frequent symptoms. In more serious cases, influenza causes pneumonia, which can be fatal, particularly for the young and the elderly. An influenza epidemic can take an economic toll through lost workforce productivity, and strain health services. Vaccination is the most effective way to prevent infection.
The objectives of Influenza Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for influenza and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to influenza.
- Welcome To The 'Hotel Influenza': You Can Get $3500 With One Catch
Sat, 9 Jun 2018 21:34 GMT
- This Strain of Bird Flu Kills One-Third of Patients
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 18:51 GMT
- FT Health: Turkey and humanitarian aid; gambling; influenza
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 16:55 GMT
- 'Hotel Influenza' Will Pay You $3500 to Come Get the Flu
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 21:12 GMT
- Multisystem Intervention Reduces Missed Opportunities for Influenza Vaccination in RA
Tue, 19 Jun 2018 14:23 GMT
- Influenza Vaccines Market Status, Business Overview, Revenue, Sales and Future Potential 2025
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 09:48 GMT
- Maine influenza cases worst in five years
Thu, 31 May 2018 15:55 GMT
- Major gaps in influenza immunization coverage among older adults of racial and ethnic groups tackled by leading ...
Thu, 21 Jun 2018 13:36 GMT
- Dogs can be a potential risk for future influenza pandemic
Tue, 5 Jun 2018 15:09 GMT
- False-Negative Test Results Put Severe Influenza Patients at Serious Risk
Mon, 11 Jun 2018 12:53 GMT
- In a first, WHO recommends quadrivalent influenza vaccine
Sat, 16 Jun 2018 10:29 GMT
- Influenza Vaccination Market To Reach 8.2% CAGR Forecast to 2023
Thu, 21 Jun 2018 13:50 GMT
- SLU offering $3500 for stay at 'Hotel Influenza'
Wed, 6 Jun 2018 22:00 GMT
- Are we ready for a pandemic?
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 17:11 GMT
- Why Novavax Sees a Huge Opportunity in Its Influenza Vaccine
Fri, 15 Jun 2018 15:22 GMT
- PRO/EDR> Legionellosis - France: RFI
Fri, 22 Jun 2018 18:45:21 -0400
Legionnaires' -- France
Legionellosis is a lung infection caused by _Legionella_ bacteria. Infection is mainly by inhalation of contaminated water spray. After an incubation period of 2-10 days, the patient feels as if infected by influenza, with a cough, initially unproductive, which then gives way to severe pneumonia requiring hospitalization.
The Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region is one of the most affected regions with the highest incidence at national level: 2.7 cases per 100 000 inhabitants in 2016 (212 cases)