Influenza Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in influenza and flu pandemics. Influenza, commonly referred to as the flu, is an infectious disease caused by RNA viruses of the family Orthomyxoviridae (the influenza viruses), that affects humans, birds and other mammals. The virus spreads easily from person to person. Influenza circulates worldwide and can affect anybody in any age group. Influenza causes annual epidemics that peak during winter in temperate regions. Influenza is a serious public health problem that causes severe illnesses and deaths for higher risk populations. The most common symptoms of the disease are chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort. Sore throat, fever and coughs are the most frequent symptoms. In more serious cases, influenza causes pneumonia, which can be fatal, particularly for the young and the elderly. An influenza epidemic can take an economic toll through lost workforce productivity, and strain health services. Vaccination is the most effective way to prevent infection.
The objectives of Influenza Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for influenza and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to influenza.
- Early 2020 Flu Season Statistics and Other Influenza News - Contagionlive.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2020 14:01 GMT
- Influenza B is the main flu strand circulating, especially serious for kids - Kotatv
Sat, 18 Jan 2020 22:32 GMT
- Influenza B is Dominating This Year's Flu Season—Here's What You Need to Know - Health.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2020 21:20 GMT
- Influenza A vs. B: Differences, symptoms, treatment, and more - Medical News Today
Thu, 02 Jan 2020 08:00 GMT
- Unusual flu virus is hitting children hard, and this season’s vaccine is a poor match - The Washington Post
Fri, 10 Jan 2020 08:00 GMT
- Flu vaccine not a match for influenza main strain - WAVE 3
Thu, 16 Jan 2020 22:18 GMT
- Five more kids' deaths in season dominated by influenza B - CIDRAP
Fri, 10 Jan 2020 08:00 GMT
- CDC Issues Advisory on Elevated Influenza Activity - AAFP News
Thu, 16 Jan 2020 22:42 GMT
- B Strain Dominating Early in the Flu Season - WebMD
Mon, 30 Dec 2019 08:00 GMT
- 4-Year-Old Iowa Girl Blinded After Contracting the Flu - TIME
Tue, 14 Jan 2020 22:09 GMT
- Vaccine Covers for Both Types of Influenza Strain, Says Valley Doctor - KRGV
Thu, 16 Jan 2020 23:29 GMT
- CDC reports flu season in full swing and ruled by influenza B - Contemporary Pediatrics
Thu, 16 Jan 2020 18:34 GMT
- Influenza Continues Unabated in US, Deaths in the Thousands - Medscape
Mon, 06 Jan 2020 08:00 GMT
- Influenza B causing high number of pediatric flu deaths this season - KERO 23ABC News
Wed, 15 Jan 2020 20:37 GMT
- Health Department simulates pandemic influenza scenarios | News - Ashland Source
Fri, 17 Jan 2020 16:00 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Avian influenza (10): China (XJ) wild bird, HPAI H5N6
Fri, 17 Jan 2020 13:34:32 -0500
Avian Influenza H5N6 -- China
China's agriculture ministry said on [Thu 16 Jan 2020] it had found a new case of highly pathogenic H5N6 avian flu in a flock of about 150 wild swans in the western Xinjiang region.
One had died and another was sick, it said in a statement on its website.
The ministry reported a case of the same strain of bird flu in swans in the region last week [week of 6 Jan 2020].
[A highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) subtype H5N6 was detected in wild
- influenza; +16 new citations Sat, 18 Jan 2020 12:32:09 GMT
16 new pubmed citations were retrieved for your search. Click on the search hyperlink below to display the complete search results:
These pubmed results were generated on 2020/01/18
PubMed comprises more than millions of citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.