Influenza Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in influenza and flu pandemics. Influenza, commonly referred to as the flu, is an infectious disease caused by RNA viruses of the family Orthomyxoviridae (the influenza viruses), that affects humans, birds and other mammals. The virus spreads easily from person to person. Influenza circulates worldwide and can affect anybody in any age group. Influenza causes annual epidemics that peak during winter in temperate regions. Influenza is a serious public health problem that causes severe illnesses and deaths for higher risk populations. The most common symptoms of the disease are chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, weakness/fatigue and general discomfort. Sore throat, fever and coughs are the most frequent symptoms. In more serious cases, influenza causes pneumonia, which can be fatal, particularly for the young and the elderly. An influenza epidemic can take an economic toll through lost workforce productivity, and strain health services. Vaccination is the most effective way to prevent infection.
The objectives of Influenza Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for influenza and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to influenza.
- Pet Health: Canine influenza has spread to 30-plus states
Sat, 18 Aug 2018 15:36 GMT
- Canine influenza cases keep rising in Michigan, does your dog have symptoms?
Fri, 17 Aug 2018 12:43 GMT
- Animal hospital offers vaccines after local canine influenza case confirmed
Fri, 17 Aug 2018 02:18 GMT
- Many are vulnerable to serious effects of the flu
Fri, 17 Aug 2018 22:05 GMT
- Canine Influenza H3N2 in Michigan
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 20:58 GMT
- Dogs receiving vaccinations for canine influenza at Jackson shelters
Fri, 17 Aug 2018 18:31 GMT
- Ronaldo discharged from hospital after 'bad case of influenza'
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 18:24 GMT
- Data From Novel Influenza Surveillance Systems Can Complement Traditional Healthcare-Based Systems
Wed, 15 Aug 2018 16:21 GMT
- A season of influenza and influence: How World War I and a pandemic in 1918 changed college football forever
Tue, 14 Aug 2018 12:11 GMT
- Pfizer and BioNTech Collaborate to Develop mRNA-Based Influenza Vaccines
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 14:49 GMT
- Signs of hope emerge against influenza
Wed, 8 Aug 2018 10:37 GMT
- Canine influenza in Michigan: 5 things you need to know
Thu, 2 Aug 2018 21:00 GMT
- The ghost of influenza past and the hunt for a universal vaccine
Wed, 8 Aug 2018 10:33 GMT
- Influenza A virus found in two people following exposure to infected pig
Thu, 9 Aug 2018 22:30 GMT
- Benralizumab does not impair antibody response to seasonal influenza vaccination in adolescent and young adult ...
Thu, 16 Aug 2018 01:54 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Avian influenza (92): Russia (KT) poultry, HPAI H5N2, OIE
Sat, 18 Aug 2018 10:00:24 -0400
Avian Influenza -- Russia
Information received on Thu 16 Aug 2018 from from Dr Nikolay Vlasov, deputy head of the Rosselkhoznadzor, Ministry of Agriculture, Moscow, Russia
Report type: immediate notification
Date of start of the event: 9 Aug 2018
Date of confirmation of the event: 11 Aug 2018
Reason for notification: recurrence of a listed disease
Date of previous occurrence: 13 Mar 2018
Manifestation of disease: clinical disease
Causal agent: highly pathogenic avian influenza virus
- PRO/AH/EDR> Canine influenza - USA (04): (MI) H3N2
Fri, 17 Aug 2018 12:07:51 -0400
Influenza H3N2 -- United States
Cases of canine influenza (H3N2) have been diagnosed in over 30 states. Michigan has recently started seeing cases of this infectious disease. Michigan State University College of Veterinary Medicine has treated some of these ill dogs. Ingham County Animal Control and Shelter, and other rescues and shelters in the area, have started preventative protocols to help reduce the spread of this virus. H3N2 has similar signs to "kennel cough" and other upper respiratory illnesses. It typically
- PRO/AH/EDR> Equine influenza - Colombia (ST,QD)
Fri, 17 Aug 2018 11:00:42 -0400
Equine Influenza -- Colombia
The ICA established cleaning and disinfection measures for facilities and barns, as well as the notification of all cases with unusual respiratory signs.
The Umata [municipal agricultural technical assistance units], health service, the guilds, and clubs that promote equine production should carry out epidemiological surveillance, to detect eventual cases of influenza type A in a timely manner.
The entry and exit of equidae destined for concentrations is prohibited. "The owners and/or